Why is art education essential for new-age learners?
Education has come a long way since the times when sole importance was given to the three Rs-Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. The world believes that kids today possess Multiple Intelligence. It believes in the adage, “Different strokes for different folks.’Thus, the study and practice of different kinds of Arts has been made compulsory by the CBSE. Apart from providing an opportunity to the students to find out where their interests and skills lie, choice of activities offered under Art Education enable them to venture forth into their chosen career path. These two very obvious reasons apart, Art education is very essential for new-age learners. Following the dictates of the CBSE, Delhi School of Excellence, the best CBSE school in Hyderabad has well-qualified, expert Art Education activity Mentors to impart training to the students.
Dance, Music, art, theater-these are common activities that all children are generally interested in. Art Education classes provide students with relief and relaxation from the monotony of academic learning.
Let us take a look at the vital benefits that a child accrues from Art Education.
1. Creativity. Art Education enhances imagination and expression! It provides students with an opportunity to express themselves in their own creative way. It could be in acting, painting a beautiful scenery, composing a piece of soothing music-all these inherently are skills being displayed by students and also indicate their aptitude that could help them in the future.
2. Improved Academic Performance. Scientific research has proved that students who indulge in an Art activity of their choice, and consistently practice the skill-set at regular hours for an year, are more likely to score better marks in Math and Science than their peers. This could probably be because the practice gives them relaxation and soothes their mind. This in turn helps them to stay focused in academics
3. Decision Making. It is a proven fact that learning an Art fortifies Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills. This is for the simple reason that children adopt and apply their own individuality while indulging in Art. They make choices and arrive at decisions in their mind while expressing themselves in a particular Art activity. This ability spills over into their academic life and will certainly make an impact in their later life!
4. Confidence. Participating in Arts develops confidence in children. Performing in front of an audience will both challenge and exhilarate them. As the frequency of their performances increases, so will their confidence in themselves! Morning Assemblies, Special Assemblies, participation in Intra-school and Inter-school competitions are a regular feature at Delhi School of Excellence. Thus there is plenty of scope for students to learn, display and excel in their chosen Art activity.
5. Visual Learning. Drawing, painting and sculpting are Art activities that help young children develop visual-spatial skills.’ Art education teaches students how to interpret, criticize, and use visual information, and how to make choices based on it.’
6. Perseverance. ‘Practice makes perfect!’ This adage is particularly true of Art Education. Art Education is all about patience, perseverance and practice. And all these three traits will help students not just with their academics but also with their careers.
7. Motor Skills. Art Education is particularly important for the very young. Painting, playing an instrument, dabbling with crayons are all activities that will help children improve their motor skills. This is the reason that Nursery children have so many activities centering around drawing, cutting and pasting, playing with sand and water etc. All the three branches of Delhi School of Excellence, the best CBSE schools in Hyderabad, are equipped with lovely Play Areas for their very young learners, where they can indulge in fun activities and improve their fine motor skills.
8. Collaboration. Most of the Art activities in school such as singing, dancing, choir, band etc are conducted in groups. These group tasks help students to understand their role in their group and also their contribution towards the success of the group. ‘They learn that they must share responsibility and compromise to achieve their common goal. Kids learn that their contribution to the group is integral to its success—even if they don’t have the solo or lead role.’ All the group activities mentioned above are offered at all the three branches of Delhi School of Excellence, the best CBSE schools in Hyderabad.
9. Accountability. They learn accountability. They comprehend that while accepting credit for their positive contribution to the group, one must also take responsibility for one’s mistakes. Most importantly, they understand that, ‘Mistakes are a part of life, and learning to accept them, fix them, and move on will serve kids well as they grow older.’
Art Education is given great importance at Delhi School of Excellence, the top most CBSE school in Hyderabad.. The school engages well-qualified, well-experienced Mentors to tutor and nurture its young learners. Moreover, these Mentors coach students to participate in Inter-school Competitions and it is a common feature for the three branches of Delhi School of Excellence to win accolades and awards for the wonderful performances of the students!