ETHOS OF DSE
DSE enables a conducive environment to maximise learning, yet providing students space to learn at their own pace. The school offers thematic learning and follows CBSE curriculum and the activity – based culture adopted, plays a vital role. DSE identifies and nurtures the child’s skills, instils a sense of social responsibility and hones students into global citizens.
Child – Centered PhilosophyAt DSE, learning is child-centric and has a practical approach to the theoretical inputs in today’s dynamic global scenario.
Trained and Experienced Teaching FacultyAdvanced equipment and teaching tools apart, the teacher remains the guiding force at DSE. Teachers are not only well qualified but trained to be empathetic and sensitive to the students’ needs at all times. Teachers also attend a wide range of on-going and in-service programmes and workshops to keep pace with emerging global educational practices including psychological counselling, personality development and career counselling along with in-house academic sessions in order to ensure that academic standards of excellence are maintained.
Parents’ InvolvementParents play an active role in the teaching – learning process.The monthly parent- teacher meetings enable a healthy and ongoing teacher – pupil – parent interaction. Participation and presence of parents at all occasions is encouraged at DSE.
A Different ApproachDSE provides a variety of learning experiences which promote integrated growth in all areas – physical, intellectual, moral or social. The school goes beyond the regular classes and teaching. We take on the responsibility to closely monitor each student, helping and steering the course of his/her area of aptitude, moulding it into his/her field of specialization and success. A comprehensive feedback is offered to the parents. Once the academic record of the child is established, the future course is determined in consultation with the concerned parents in the presence of the child, the Academic Director, the School Counsellor and the Principal. Accordingly, DSE prepares the child in its field of interest to attain excellence.
School CounsellorDSE is dedicated to the emotional well-being of every child. Whether it is to have a casual chat or to resolve a deeper issue, a qualified and full-time school counsellor is available on the campus whom students can approach. Parents are also welcome to contact the school counsellor with regards to their ward’s academic or non-academic concerns.
Fine ArtsDSE places great emphasis on creativity and passion for arts. Students can engage in drawing, painting, pottery or quilling which are proudly displayed around the school and during exhibitions.
Performing ArtsDance, Dramatics and Music classes are extremely popular with the students and for good reason. Our professional dance instructors help children explore both Indian and contemporary disciplines. The experienced teachers of Dramatics engage children in a variety of acting skills. Instrumental music is taught as an extracurricular activity.
Empowering Students for the FutureThe young and receptive minds of the students are constantly exposed to rich information through various projects and assignments, empowering them to organize and utilize this knowledge to improve their understanding of concepts.
- Spacious, well ventilated classrooms equipped with digital boards are the hallmarks of DSE.
- Science, Math and the Computer laboratories are well provisioned to offer the best learning ambience.
- A well-stocked librarywith books encompassing fiction and non-fiction, maps, journals, periodicals, newspapers and videos make it a favourite haunt for the students. Reference books on every subject are available for study and research.
- Facility for playing Basket Balland Sports Room for Table Tennis, Chessand space for Cricket are provided at all the branches of DSE .
- Transport facility is provided to students to reach the school from every corner of the city. Every bus is equipped with expert, literate drivers and concerned cleaners who are trained to be courteous and sensitive towards the students at all times.
- The unique motto of our school is ‘Knowledge is Power’. The school moves towards ‘Excellence’ with an excellent aim to mould children into good human beings through an equal emphasis on Academics, Fine Arts, Sports and other extracurricular activities.
- The Teacher/Student ratio promises one-to-one attention and care for all students, fostering them both academically and socially.
- Emphasis is also laid on leaner-centred methods of teaching which are interactive, thereby providing a conducive atmosphere to tap the inherent talent of the students.
- The school strives to impart value based education to bring about a transformation in the hearts of students so that they become noble citizens, able leaders and torch bearers of our glorious heritage.